Friday, May 28, 2004

MMPI-2 type of test to match couples? (my old idea)

When I learned about the existence of the 567 true/false question Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory test for the first time, I thought that it was a pretty interesting way to "map" a personality. Several months later I had a random idea (this was probably around 1998, since my undergraduate psychology course was in the fall of 1997... or was it in 1999 during my abnormal psychiatry course?) In any case - I thought it might be worth a try to create a similar type of test and administer it to couples who have been married for over 30 years. Mapping their answers would provide us with predetermined good matches. Then all that is left is to open a web site and administer the same test to new members. Once predetermined personality matches are found by this service, it would notify the two potential matches... Well - I was definitely not the only one thinking about this. Dr. Warren founded his eHarmony matchmaking service based on a similar method back in 1998... [I am not affiliated with his service in any way, and there is no link because his web site gives you a pop-up ad on exit.]

I think I am on to something. People with original ideas seem to be a dime a dozen, with each not knowing there is eleven more out there with the same idea....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home