Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Three more before I forget

1) Today I saw this article about order by chaos and immediately thought back to what I told my dad while learning about entropy in school: What if chaos is just a form of higher order that we can not yet comprehend and simplify? This would put the nature's perceived drive to increase entropy as a basis for explanation of how such apparent complexity of the world around us came to be. I still suspect this may be the case, whether the apparent chaos is due to a high number of input variables, a concept parallel to Heisenberg uncertainty principle or a rule similar to rule 110 in cellular automata.

2) If one computer is running a multiplayer 3D first person shooter game, while another computer is running a bot, a way to connect the two would be via USB ports. To avoid modifying the code of the retail games, the computer running the bot would have to emulate a keyboard over one USB connection and a mouse over another USB connection. Does a USB Keyboard/Mouse emulator driver exist? If not, I should save up for a patent...

Update (June 2006): One of the comments to this story mentions using a USB Thumbdrive presenting itself as a keyboard and injecting keystrokes.

3) On a silly note: I can't believe that I have not seen a semi-automatic mechanically movable toilet seat widely available in the retail stores yet. When this topic came up I mentioned that the system to differentiate men from women may be an interesting one and that even a manual pedal control would make things more comfortable, although not automatic. My uncle-in-law's response: "Differentiate men from women by weight [on the plate in front of the toilet]." That could work great for a family... Although I suspect those who will be able to afford it may opt for a urinal. Which I guess in turn makes this more of an idea regarding user identification by weight. A Bluetooth chair seat plate which re-logs you into the system after being logged out for inactivity? Or maybe even keeps you logged in if you have not left your seat?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home